The earth: "I am different from the others, you know."


The sky: " I like different."


The earth: " But my kind of different becomes a part of you once you bite into it."


The sky: "I am very hungry."


Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The pines of my heart

:poems for unicorn press

It's never ending, these moments so blue
Under the cosmos, I think about you
Under the blanket in forests so deep
I fight the urge to sleep

A moment, I wish, a moment in time
A moment when I could dream you are mine
I wait in the pines, I walk in tall grass
This thing will never pass

Against all odds of falling apart
I bury my thoughts as I bury my heart
I wade into waters that bring my new life
I walk away from strife

I'm sorry, I wanted to hold you so near
I wanted so badly that you would be here
I wanted to touch you to smell you and then
to greet my aching sin

turn back time and death has no power

No comments:

Post a Comment